Today we are here with the Porter Cable C2002 air compressor review. We’ll check out how easy it is to use, what features it provides you with, and whether you should buy it or not.
Read till the end to make an informed verdict and invest your bucks in the right model.
Uses Of C2002 Air Compressor
Before you get into a detailed review, check out if these are one of the uses you want an air compressor for:
- Tire Inflation: It’s best for inflating your car, SUV, and RV tires. You can easily use this in your home or garage. However, we don’t suggest using it for big trucks since it doesn’t give off enough pressure.
- Finishing and Trimming: Since it’s a handy air compressor and pairs well with the finish nailer, you can do small home improvement jobs with it.
- Small Framing: Although it’s not something you can use to build a house, you can definitely use it for framing jobs. We drove 3 inches nails paired with a framing gun, and this compressor did just fine.
- Spray Painting: We don’t recommend using C2002 for heavy-duty paint jobs, but you can pair it with an HVLP paint sprayer for small tasks. We connected the air compressor to the sprayers, and the results were good enough.
- Pressure Cleaning: Use it to clean a small household area or your computer. But, make sure to maintain a safe distance since its pressure might damage your PC.
- DIY Projects: DIY enthusiasts will love having it. It is the best option for around-the-house tasks. In fact, we used it for inflating pool toys, pillows, and sports equipment.
This Porter Cable compressor provides you with enough capacity to do whatever you want. With its 6 gallons tank size, you can inflate tires, connect them to nail guns, or attach a spray gun for painting. Additionally, you can perform household jobs efficiently.
At 31.2 pounds, it is so light in weight that you can quickly move it from one job site to another. Its weight is similar to its counterparts from Dewalt and Bostitch, with the same tank size.
3. Maximum Pressure
It promises to give you a maximum pressure of 150 PSI. You can adjust this pressure according to the tool you pair it with. Thanks to its versatile maximum pressure, you can use it for multiple tasks and pair it with a finish nailer, brad nailer, trim nailer, and spray painter. At 90 PSI, it gives off 2.6 SCFM, which is fair enough.
This compressor has a unique pancake style. This style is more stable than those vertical-style compressors. Also, the manufacturers have installed suction cups on the base of its legs for added stability on the job site.
Another notable feature of this air compressor is its compact size of 17 x 17 x 18.38 inches. This air compressor is so compact that you can easily fit this anywhere. Have it if you run short on space. Storing a compact air compressor like this is a breeze.
Coming with a firm handle on the top of the compressor, displacing the unit is easy. You can simply hold it from the top and maneuver it to the job site. This handle design is even more beneficial for slopped terrains, unlike wheeled units that are difficult to transport and unstable.
You get an efficient and top-notch induction motor with the Porter Cable air compressor. It runs on 120 volts and helps you attain quick outputs. Additionally, it promises to start in extreme weather. No matter where you live, this air compressor will always be handy.
8. Maintenance Free
One of the appealing features of the C2002 air compressor is the oil-free pump. Due to this oil-free design, you don’t need to put much effort into its maintenance. This way, you can save tons of your bucks and precious time.
9. Support Two Users
Having two air couplers, this compressor pairs with two air tools simultaneously. This cuts off the time required for a project since two users can work at a time. In fact, you can connect it with two different guns to get the jobs done.
10. Noise Level
As per our observation, it produces 82 dB noise. Apparently, this is more noise our ears can tolerate. So, if you are buying this air compressor, we’d highly recommend buying a pair of ear protectors along. Working without them is tricky and drills your air.
One of the best selling points of the Porter Cable C2002 air compressor is the price. It’s a budget-friendly option and provides you with value with the high end features it comes with.
The company gives you a limited warranty of one year on compressors components. So enjoy having this air compressor at your home.
- Budget friendly option
- Versatile uses
- Oil free motor
- Compact and lightweight
- Strong motor
- Integrated cord wrap
- Noisy unit
Porter Cable C2002 air compressor is a budget-friendly air compressor.
It has a black and red tank with a top handle. Thanks to this minimal weight and handle, you can carry this unit from one job site to another. Although it has a maximum pressure of 150 PSI, you can adjust it while pairing it with your air tool.
You can use this air compressor for trimming, finishing, small spray painting, pressure cleaning, DIY projects, and tire inflation. We also find it useful for inflating sports equipment, pillow cushions, and pool toys at home.
Rated at 82 dB, it’s quite loud, so make sure you buy ear protectors along. Let us mention that this is the only downside of this model, but it isn’t a deal breaker as the output of the compressor is commendable.
Since it’s a compact design, it’s a nice option if you run short on space. Additionally, it is maintenance-free and backed by a strong motor. Check out the price and availability of this air compressor on this date.