If you are searching for a Lowes air compressor online, wait for a moment. You will not find any air compressor incorporated with the name of Lowes. Lowes Company uses the name Kobalt to sell its products. It not only uses Kobalt but Lowes also uses the name of two budget brands, Blue Hawk and Project source.
However, our concern today is whether the Kobalt air compressor is good? We will get into the complete details of the pros and cons and who should buy air compressors and who should not, so without further delay, let’s begin.
Are lowes (Kobalt) air compressors any good?
While testing dozens of models and going through many online reviews, it is clear that Kobalt air compressors are worth the money as they offer great quality. Another thing that makes them good in comparison with the other air compressors in the market is price. Many Kobalt air compressors offer great functionality at a very reasonable price. Last but not least, noise is also very well diminished in Kobalt air compressors in many models.
Who makes Kobalt air compressors?
JH Williams introduced Kobalt air compressors in 1998. William was the manufacturer Alliance to the Lowes brand. At that time, an air compressor was a great competitor of Sears and home depot air compressors. However, the Kobalt brand does not have maintenance stores and apartments. The brand nowadays is one of the leading United State brands in the air compressor industry.
Kobalt is a versatile brand with various portable and heavy-duty models. You can find engines ranging from 1.5 HP To 5 HP. There is the smallest air compressor you can get at 1-gallon size and largest at 80 gallons. Moreover, there are vertical, horizontal, hot dog, 1 stage 2 stage type air compressors in the brand line. Kobalt air compressors are great for garage use, home use, small workshop use, and also so for your workspace use.
How’s the performance Of Kobalt Air Compressors?
Kobalt Air compressors are great to use in households and workshops. Yes, they have heavy-duty models like 80-gallon Kobalt air compressors. However, from many reviews, users don’t like them for Continuous use. You can find a variety of reviews online.
Many users are satisfied with the heavy-duty Kobalt air compressors, but many don’t. Overall the performance of Kobalt air compressors is good and worth the money.
If you want to know more about Kobalt air compressors’ advantages and disadvantages, and then keep reading. I am going to discuss each aspect in detail.
Who should buy Kobalt Air Compressors?
If you are looking for an air compressor for your home garage and weekend work for your small workshop, you should buy a Kobalt air compressor. Kobalt air compressors are a great deal for home garage owners. For all jobs, you can get various models in different sizes and capacities, from portable to compact models.
Furthermore, Kobalt air compressors are great for those who want an air compressor for hobby painting, nailing, framing, and grinding at home. There are also recommended air compressors in your car to use while you are on the go. The portable and compact models you can easily store and carry with you.
Who should not buy Kobalt Air Compressors?
Kobalt air compressors have a lot of heavy-duty models. You can also find hundreds of reviews that all praise their large models. However, in my opinion, their compressors are not the ideal air compressor for continuous use. So if you want something reliable for heavy-duty functionality, then I recommend going for Ingersoll rand, Bostitch and Dewalt air compressors.
Does Kobalt offer lifetime warranty to their air compressors?
Most of the Kobalt compressors come with a limited warranty. However, there are many models which come with a lifetime warranty. It is one of the pros of the Kobalt air compressors. A lifetime warranty means the manufacturer is very confident about the product, and you can also get mind satisfaction while purchasing from them. It is recommended to check about the warranty of your desired model from the official website of Lowes.
How to use the Lowes (Kobalt) Air Compressor?
Almost all air compressors function in the same way. There is no complicated process involved in the use of air compressors. The same thing applies to the Lowes Kobalt air compressors. If you buy a new Lowes air compressor and are unaware of how to use it, don’t worry. I’m here to help. Follow these simple steps to operate the lowest Kobalt air compressor safely.
- If your air compressor is oil lubricated model, then make sure to check the oil pump level before use. If you have an oil-free model, then you can skip this step.
- It is recommended to read the manual guidelines carefully. It is necessary because it will give you specific guidelines according to your model type in the instruction manual.
- Now attach your air compressor hose with the regulator valve. You can find the regulator valve on the right-hand side of the compressor. To connect the hose, you need to move the narrow end of the hose into the regulator valve.
- Once the hose is connected, connect the compressor cord to the socket.
- For your safety, it is recommended to put on the safety valve. After that, release the wall. If you noticed the valve releases Air then it means your air compressor is functional and good to go.
- Now turn on the air compressor. Now set the pressure regulator on according to your task. Now you can do whatever task you want, like grinding, cutting, nailing, or inflating.
Maintenance Guidelines for Kobalt Air Compressors
Air compressors are expensive and must be cared for properly to ensure longevity. It is necessary to care for the tools and carry out the Maintenance Services at least once a month. If your air compressor is an oil-free model, you will not have to maintain it regularly. However, the oil-lubricated models should be maintained regularly. Regular maintenance will make you use them fearlessly and perform trouble-free operations.
Here I will give some specific maintenance guidelines for Kobalt air compresses. While having these simple maintenance guidelines, you can maintain your vehicle pressure at home and save the expense of professional maintenance every month.
- First, make sure to read the user manual instructions carefully. It is good to keep the user manual safe as it will have all the quick-fix solutions to the problems. Furthermore user manuals specifically let you know a quick fix for your specific model.
- And another specific maintenance tip that should not be avoided is to drain the tank properly. If you do not drain your tank properly, you can face the issues of corrosion in your internal tank. Make sure to remove the moisture from your tank after each use and store your air compressor in a dry place.
- It is recommended to check the oil pump frequently for oil lubricated models. You do not need to check it with oil-free pump models. Here make sure not to under fill and overfill your oil pump. The under fill oil pump can reduce the functionality, and the overfill oil pump can become darker in the machine and reduce its lifespan.
- It is also good to change the oil after 720 working hours for oil lubricated models.
- It is also so good not to use any cord extensions with your air compressor as it can get overheated.
- After each use, make sure to store the cord and horse care.
- Once used, store your air compressor in a cold, dry place.
Pros of Kobalt Air Compressors
Compact and Portable
One of the main benefits of the Kobalt air compressors is that it comes in a very compact and portable shape. You can get portable models in the range of heavy-duty Kobalt compressors. They are recommended for home garages due to their portability and easy-to-store features. For more, you can get a variety of sizes and capacities to choose from.
The high-quality construction of Kobalt air compressors is their Pro. Their models come in strongly built conditions, and you can use them for years. So while spending on a Kobalt air compressor, don’t be afraid of low-quality construction
Another advantage of buying a Kobalt air compressor is getting a lifetime warranty on various models. It is one of the things that you can rarely find with most industrial air compressors. The lifetime warranty will give you peace of mind as you will have continuous support from the manufacturers.
Made in the USA
Lowes Company has a license for the manufacturing of Kobalt compressors. So if you want something made in the USA, here you go. A Kobalt air compressor should be your choice. Kobalt air compressors are not manufactured in China, so you no need to worry about the quality construction of the air compressors.
Designed for Occasional Use
Kobalt air compressors are designed for occasional use. If you use your Kobalt air compressor occasionally, they will last for years, and you can use them repeatedly.
Another Pro of the Kobalt air compressors is their price. You can get the same featured and same quality models from Kobalt at a very affordable price than other brands in the market. So if you are on a budget, Kobalt is the go-to choice.
Cons of Using Kobalt Air Compressors
Not for continuous use
One of the complaints about Kobalt air compressors is that they are not for continuous use. They are great to use for non-continuous and occasional use. If you use an air compressor for a long time, the build quality will not last for years.
Not good after-sale services
The after-sale services are not that reliable from Lowes (Kobalt) air compressors. Furthermore, there are also some complaints about customer support.
Here is the end of our article today about Kobalt air compressors. They come in various sizes and capacities that are ideal for use in households and garages. Furthermore, there are a variety of models that come with lifetime warranties. It makes it one of the most trustworthy brands in the market. So if you’re considering Lowes Kobalt air compressor purchase for household purposes, then you think right. They worth the money and are good to buy.