Being small, pancake air compressors make your life easier than ever – be it indoor or outdoor.
These small units help inflate pool toys to car tires thanks to the exceptional motors and high pressure they are backed by.
One of the best things about these compressors is that you can easily store and transport them.
Okay, even if you know all this, how can you get the best pancake air compressors?
There we have your back. We have lined up the 5 pancake air compressors today in this article.
Additionally, there’s a buying guide below that will navigate you in the right direction.
Check out your options and the buying guide, and pick one that promises to meet your needs to the best.
Why Should You Choose Pancake Air Compressors?
Several reasons make pancake air compressors value for the money. Let’s analyze some of its advantages.
- Pancake air compressors have a compact design with a motor sitting on top. Its small footprint allows you to store it easily.
- Featured with rubber feet at the bottom, they assure stability during performing. Due to this, workers prefer them on a slopped terrain.
- They are low or no maintenance compressors. That means you don’t need to oil them weekly or fortnightly.
- Compared to the large compressors with versatile uses, these compressors produce low noise.
- With the adjustable pressure, it gives you the freedom to inflate a variety of objects, from tires to pool toys.
Comparing the Best Pancake Air Compressors
CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor
16.5 x 16.5 x 17.88 inches
BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor
17 x 17 x 19.25 inches
DEWALT Pancake Air Compressor
17.2 x 16.6 x 20.1 inches
PORTER-CABLE Air Compressor Kit
15.5 x 13.25 x 20.5 inches
14.5 x 15.35 x 12.21 inches
PORTER-CABLE Air Compressor
19 x 19 x 18 inches
DEWALT Air Compressor
48 x 40 x 41 inches
Metabo HPT Pancake Air Compressor
18.5 x 16 x 16 inches
Senco PC1010 Air Compressor
14 x 13 x 10 inches
Ryobi Air Compressor
15.8 x 12.7 x 11.3 inches
10 Best Pancake Air Compressors with Maximum Output
1. CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor
Best all-around Pancake Air Compressor
Why Should You Buy It?
Unlike other air compressors here, Crafstman air compressor is a package of air compressors and accessories. So, if you find it a hassle to search for a perfect accessory kit to pair with an air compressor and want a reasonable deal, there you go with one.
It comes with 13 pieces of accessories, including a PVC air hose with couplers, a blow gun with plug, rubber tip, three inflator adaptors, and a blow gun with an OSHA safety nozzle. However, keeping them safe was the most challenging part for us since it doesn’t come with a container.
- It has a 6-gallon tank capacity which makes it versatile for applications. You can use it indoors and outdoors for inflating bikes, RVs, SUVs, or cars.
- The maximum pressure of the air compressor is 150 PSI. There are a lot of power tools you can run it with. Roofing nailer, for instance.
- Moreover, it has an airflow capacity of 2.6 cubic feet per minute at 90 PSI.
- Although the unit has a 71 dB noise level, it is the quietest air compressor here and one we find easy on the ears.
Whether you are into repairing the hardwood floor or want to pair it with a nail gun, this compressor is just there for you. It carries out the task at 150 PSI maximum with 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI.
Made in the USA, it is a thoughtful design with two couplers and rubber tips on the leg. So, you can perform the tasks as quickly as possible with the unit stable on the ground. One pro-tip we’d like to give here is to tighten the bottom valve on the compressor’s arrival as it is loose while shipping.
- Comes with an accessory kit
- Easy to operate
- Light and average noise
- Oil-free compressor
- Reasonable price
- Accessories don’t come with a container
2. BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor
Best Air Compressor For Home Garage
Why Should You Buy It?
Bostitch air compressor is a multifunctional pancake unit. You can have it in your home garage and perform multiple around-the-house projects with it. It has enough power to perform light and medium-duty tasks efficiently. So, it’s the best option to bet your bucks on if you power nailers or want to inflate household things, including air mattresses and pool toys.
- It has a decent weight of 29 pounds which makes it the most lightweight and easy-to-move air compressor here.
- For easy transportation, it has a plastic handle on top. So, you can just lift it up and move from one job site to another without hurting your arm.
- As a 6 gallon compressor with a maximum pressure of 150 PSI, there’s a lot from doing a fence project to installing a staircase you can use it for.
- The noise level is 78.5 dB which is near the rating harmful to your ears. So, make sure to wear your ear protectors while working.
- The hose length is 25 feet, so you can easily reach all four tires of your car.
In less than 2 minutes, the tank gets filled, so we can confidently say that it has a fast recovery time. As an oil-free compressor, it keeps you from the regular hard times of maintenance.
With two couplers to work, it is a versatile unit and allows two workers to perform jobs at once. This decreases the work time and increases the output rate. However, you can always use only one compressor if there’s nothing a lot to do on the job site.
It’s one of the cheapest pancake air compressors. So check out its price on this date now.
- Faster recovery time
- Convenient handle and gauges
- Holds the airtight
3. DEWALT Pancake Air Compressor
Best Pancake Compressor Combo Kit
Why Should You Buy It?
If you are worried about the lowest temperatures your town hit, don’t worry. DEWALT air compressor is made to stand low temperatures, so there’s no doubt about its performance. It is a reasonable option for garage owners or DIY enthusiasts who prefer doing multiple jobs independently.
- Having 165 maximum PSI, this pancake air compressor has one of the highest PSI ratings on the list. We figured that’s the only reason it costs a little more than its counterparts.
- On 90 PSI, it delivers 2.6 SCFM, which is pretty good for specific tasks. It makes the job easier, simpler, and quicker than others.
- You can run it at 120 voltage for which outlets at your home are rated for.
- The three feet on the tank have rubber feet that give stability. So, you can perform jobs on sloppy terrains as well.
We appreciate the cord builder, dual gauges, two outlets, and the air compressor drain valve. It gives off a better outcome than the Porter Cable air compressors but, like the Porter Cable, produces 78.5 dB sound. So, make sure you put on your ear protectors while working.
At 30 pounds, you can move it here and there conveniently with the handle on the top. Its no maintenance pump is also what we really liked. Due to this, we didn’t have to oil it after every use or weekly.
- Regulator holds uptight
- Performable with multiple tools
- Rubber feet
- A bit heavyweight
4. PORTER-CABLE Air Compressor
Best 6-gallon Pancake Air Compressor for Cars Tires
Why Should You Buy It?
Are you hunting for an air compressor for around-the-house jobs and a home garage? The Porter-Cable air compressor has got you covered. It is backed by a powerful motor running on 120 volts. That said, you can use one on home outlet while the unit runs in the lowest temperatures.
- It is a 6-gallon pancake air compressor like other air compressors here. So, you can use it for multiple jobs, including tires, pool toys, and sports equipment inflation.
- Same as the Craftsman and Bostitch air compressor, it gives off 2.6 CFM at 90 PSI and has a maximum air pressure is 150 PSI.
- Although it’s not the lightest unit here, you can easily maneuver it since it weighs 32.5 pounds. There’s a handle on the top, which helps move it easily from one place to another.
- One of the biggest drawbacks of the compressor is 82 dB. We agree that it produces quite a lot of noise, so we don’t recommend it if you live in a society where loud noises are a problem.
As a smart design, it has a cord wrap space so you can store it safely for use next time. It has a pressure gauge with the help of which you can set the pressure you want it on. While the two couplers permit you to plug two different nailers simultaneously.
This air compressor is open to working with anything, from framing nailers to pneumatic wrenches and air guns. One tip here is to give a break while working for 10 minutes. This break will be beneficial for the compressor’s long life.
- Accurate regulator
- Handy to use
- Portable and highly efficient
- Convenient cord wrap
- Instructions do not tell to tighten drain valve before use
5. Metabo HPT Pancake Air Compressor
6 Gallon Pancake Air Compressor
Why Should You Buy It?
Metabo HPT air compressor can help you with small projects or around-the-house tasks. You can use it in your garage for inflating cars, SUVs, bikes, and truck tires. Other than that, it’s perfect for roofing, woodworking, and even inflating pool toys and sports equipment.
- At 90 PSI, it delivers 4 CFM, which is improved and much better than all other compressors here. It gives off 30% more outcomes, and the intense airflow makes it the top-quality pancake air compressor.
- It has a total air pressure of 200 PSI which makes it the most versatile air compressor with wide applications.
- Producing 73 dB, we found it low from the Dewalt air compressor but little more than the Craftsman air compressor.
- It has a 6-gallon tank size with a motor and handles sitting on top. So, it has a small footprint.
In terms of portability, it has a compact design and a handle you can carry easily. You might have to do some effort while moving it from point A to B since it’s the most heavyweight unit at 41 pounds.
Other than this alone pancake air compressor, you can also buy it with a nailer, air hose, or splitter manufacturers have to offer. However, this one’s perfect for many jobs with two couplers to aid with. Let us tell you that it costs a little more than other pancake air compressors. So, check out its price on this date.
- Drain plug
- Not very loud
- Perfect for several tools
- Good airflow
How to Choose the Best Pancake Air Compressor?
With so many options having the best pancake air compressor tag, it’s challenging to pick one. But, you don’t have to fret. Just check out this buying guide with all the pointers that tell if one’s ideal to meet your needs.
The weight of the air compressor is directly proportional to portability. Light the weight, the easy you can displace, and vice versa. However, you only need a lightweight compressor if you travel from one job site to another.
Look at the tank capacity while buying a pancake air compressor. No new pancake air compressors are small, varying from 1 gallon to 6 gallons. Decide the tank size according to your usage.
The third and vital thing to consider is the maximum pressure. Mostly, you’ll find compressors with 150 PSI or more. So, remember, a compressor with the highest maximum pressure is always better since it diversifies your application and is more useful.
Pancake air compressors are headed for several jobs. That includes framing, roofing, brad nailing, trimming, tire inflation, and whatnot. Where one air compressor is best suitable for a specific job, one’s not.
Before deciding to buy one compressor, take note of its application. Pick one that promises to draw enough pressure and help complete tasks.
Noise and Maintenance
A human ear can tolerate no more than 80 dB. So, make sure the unit you are buying produces noise lower than this. And, if you are picking one, work with your ear protectors on to keep your ears safe from the loud noise.
Always list your prioritized products and compare their prices with one another. This way, you get a specific figure and know-how of what’s better to invest in. Not only should you compare the price but the features all along.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can you use a pancake air compressor for?
You can use a pancake air compressor for a lot. You can pair it with roofing and framing nailers for around-the-house DIY projects. It’s also used to inflate vehicles’ tires, and few people pump the air in their kids’ sports equipment and pool toys.
Can a pancake air compressor run a paint gun?
To be precise, yes, but on a condition. If your paint gun’s CFM and pressure requirement match your air compressor, you are always good to go for it.
How to store pancake air compressor?
A pancake air compressor should always be stored with care. So, follow these steps to keep one properly:
- Switch off your air compressor
- Unplug it from the outlet
- Rotate the regulator knob and make sure it comes to 0
- Disconnect any hose or tool attached to it
- Place a drainage pan under the drainage valve
- Mostly, it’s at the bottom, so you’ll need to place a pan there
- Open the drainage valve slowly
- Allow the liquid to pass through it
- Tighten the valve once the liquid is discharged
- Store air compressor in an appropriate place
What is the best pancake air compressor?
Craftsman air compressor is the best pancake air compressor. Compared to the price, it includes abundant features with a 13-piece accessory—many air compressors don’t include that. It’s a versatile, innovative design producing low noise. Additionally, it’s made to pair with many tools out there. You can check out the detailed review above.
What makes a pancake air compressor portable?
Two things make a pancake air compressor portable: weight and dimension. The difference between a stationary compressor from a portable one is weight. Pancake air compressors under 35 pounds allow you to carry them easily. Also, they are compact so that you can store them in your car’s trunk or RV.
Here we wind up today’s edit on the best pancake air compressor. When you buy one, make sure to check out the weight, tank size, maximum pressure, noise level and maintenance, and price once to make an informed decision.
Craftsman air compressor is the ideal option here. There’s a 13 piece accessory kit coming along with this compressor. It allows you to perform multiple jobs with a maximum pressure of 150 PSI. Besides being easy on the ears, it’s easy to displace with a top handle, has two couplers for the quick outcome, rubber feet for stability, and performs well despite the temperature outside.
Check out its price on this date and availability now.
- What happens if you don’t drain air compressor - November 12, 2022
- Are Lowes (Kobalt) Air Compressors Any Good? - July 20, 2022
- How to Remove Pulley from Air Compressor Motor? - July 14, 2022